NRNP 6552 Week 3 Assignment 2
Episodic Visit: Gynecology Focused Note
Patient histories are a building block of the diagnosis and treatment. By effectively interviewing patients in their care, advanced practice nurses can piece together facts to construct a relevant history that can lead to assessment and treatment. NRNP 6552 Week 3 Assignment 2
For this Focused Note Assignment, you will select a patient with gynecologic conditions from your clinical experience and construct a patient history, assess and diagnose the patient’s health condition(s), and justify the best treatment option(s) for the patient. NRNP 6552 Week 3 Assignment 1
Note: All Focused Notes must be signed, and each page must be initialed by your preceptor. When you submit your Focused Notes, you should include the complete Focused Note as a Word document and pdf/images of each page that is initialed and signed by your preceptor. You must submit your Focused Notes using SAFE ASSIGN.
Note: Electronic signatures are not accepted. If both files are not received by the due date, faculty will deduct points per the Walden Late Policies. NRNP 6552 Week 3 Assignment 2
- Use the Focused SOAP Note Template found in the Learning Resources for this week to complete this Assignment.
- Select a patient that you examined during the last three weeks. With this patient in mind, address the following in your Focused Note Template. NRNP 6552 Week 3 Assignment 2
- Subjective: What details did the patient provide regarding her personal and medical history?
- Objective: What observations did you make during the physical assessment?
- Assessment: What were your differential diagnoses? Provide a minimum of three possible diagnoses. List them from highest priority to lowest priority. What was your primary diagnosis and why?
- Plan: What was your plan for diagnostics and primary diagnosis? What was your plan for treatment and management, including alternative therapies? Include pharmacologic and nonpharmacologic treatments, alternative therapies, and follow-up parameters, as well as a rationale for this treatment and management plan.
- Reflection notes: What would you do differently in a similar patient evaluation?
Note: Your Focused Note Assignment must be signed by Day 7 of Week 3.
By Day 7
Submit your Focused Note Assignment. (Note: You will submit two files, your Focused Note Assignment, and a Word document of pdf/images of each page that is initialed and signed by your preceptor by Day 7 of Week 3.) NRNP 6552 Week 3 Assignment 2
Submission and Grading Information
To submit your completed Assignment for review and grading, do the following:
- Please save your Assignment using the naming convention “WK3Assgn2+last name+first initial.(extension)” as the name.
- Click the Week 3 Assignment 2 Rubric to review the Grading Criteria for the Assignment.
- Click the Week 3 Assignment 2 link. You will also be able to “View Rubric” for grading criteria from this area.
- Next, from the Attach File area, click on the Browse My Computer button. Find the document you saved as “WK3Assgn2+last name+first initial.(extension)” and click Open.
- If applicable: From the Plagiarism Tools area, click the checkbox for I agree to submit my paper(s) to the Global Reference Database.
- Click on the Submit button to complete your submission.
To access your rubric:
- Week 3 Assignment 2 Rubric
- Check Your Assignment Draft for Authenticity
To check your Assignment draft for authenticity:
- Submit your Week 3 Assignment draft and review the originality report.
- Submit Your Assignment by Day 7
To participate in this Assignment:
NRNP 6552 Week 3 Assignment 2