NRS 437V Week 1 Complete
NRS437V Week 1 DQ 1
Many situations can raise ethical concerns, particularly in the face of disagreement and conflict between parties. However, not all situations of an ethical nature result in values conflict or constitute an ethical
dilemma. Explain the characteristics of an ethical dilemma. How do they differ from other situations resulting in disagreement between conflicting preferences, needs, or expectations?
NRS437V Week 1 DQ 2
Consider the age-old tale of the father who stole a loaf of bread to feed his hungry family. Stealing is deemed wrong by our society and is punishable by law. Failing to provide for one’s family is neglectful and fundamentally wrong. What would be the dilemma and the implications of such a crime on the individual, the family, the community, and society?
NRS 437V Week 1 Assignment My Nursing Ethics
After reading the Topic 1 materials, complete the questionnaire titled, “My Nursing Ethic.”
Complete the questions below:
- PASSION: Why am I here?
- MOTIVATION: What moves me to act?
- INSPIRATION: What keeps me in motion?
- LOYALTY: Whom do I serve?
Using the reading and the questionnaire, write a paper of 750-1,000 words in which you describe your professional moral compass. As you write your paper, include the following:
- What personal, cultural, and spiritual values contribute to your worldview and philosophy of nursing? How do these values shape or influence your nursing practice?
- Define values, morals, and ethics in the context of your obligation to nursing practice. Explain how your personal values, philosophy, and worldview may conflict with your obligation to practice, creating an
- Reflect and share your own personal thoughts regarding the morals and ethical dilemmas you may face in the health care field. How do your personal views affect your behavior and your decision-making?
- Do not be concerned with the use of ethical terminology for this paper.
- Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center