NRS 490 Grand Canyon Week 1 Discussion 1
Which scholarly databases (name two) in the GCU Library will you choose in order to find the best research articles to support your EBP proposal? Discuss why these two (at least) databases are better than Google Scholar or a general Internet search?
NRS 490 Grand Canyon Week 1 Discussion 2
The Institute of Medicine has stated a goal that 90% of practice be evidence-based by 2020. We are currently at approximately 15%. Discuss two barriers that might hold nursing practice from achieving this goal. In your responses to course colleagues, suggest ways in which identified barriers may be addressed.
NRS 490 Grand Canyon Week 1 Assignment
Individual Success Plan (ISP)
Planning is the key to the successful completion of this course and your overall program of study. The Individual Success Plan (ISP) assignment in this course requires your collaboration with the course faculty and your Course Mentor early on to establish a plan for successful completion of mutually identified and agreed-upon specific deliverables to meet your course requirements. Course requirements include:
(1) completion of work associated with weekly course objectives
(2) completion of required practice immersion hours
(3) work associated with completion of your Capstone Project.
To ensure successful completion of this assignment, follow the information/steps below:
- To develop your ISP, access the “Individual Success Plan” resource in the Topic Materials. Complete the Contact Information table at the top of the resource and type in your signature and the date you complete this table. NRS 490 Grand Canyon Week 1 Assignment
- Read the information in the ISP document, including a) student expectations, b) derivation of the ISP, and c) instructions for completing the ISP, and then follow the instructions and complete the ISP.
- Review the course objectives (each topic) to determine which practice-based experiences you plan to seek to ensure to address each course objective. Include the number of hours you plan to set aside to meet your goals. Students should apply concepts from each of their core courses completed prior to this course to reflect upon, critically examine, and improve their current practice. Students are further required to integrate scholarly readings to develop case reports that demonstrate increasingly complex and proficient practice.
- Use the Individual Success Plan to develop a personal plan for completing your practice hours and how objectives will be met. Show all of the major assignments or approved independent study assignments based on the course objectives.
- As you develop your Individual Success Plan, consider the challenges you expect to encounter as you continue the practice hour and competency requirements throughout this course. How might you overcome these challenges? You can renegotiate these deliverables with your faculty and mentor throughout this course and update your ISP accordingly.
- Once your Individual Success Plan has been developed and accepted by your course faculty, you will have your Course Mentor sign it at the beginning of and upon completion of each assignment that incorporates practice immersion hours. You will track all course practice immersion hours in the ISP.
- APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected. You are not
required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.